Fire & Smoke Damage
Lakeland Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
Fire in your home or business can be devastating. Recognizing the trauma and emotional upset victims suffer we work promtley and considerately to mitigate damage. We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to answer your call and immediately move into action. Florida Restoration Specialists are as committed to restoring peace of mind as we are to restoring the damages weather fire, smoke or water damage we will walk you through the entire process and make sure you understand what to expect during this difficult time. We will work with you and your insurance company to help speed your claim and make it as pain free as possable, it is our goal to save you time, money, and hassle after a fire wreaks havoc on your home or business’ property. When the fire is out, timing is critical. The first 24 to 48 hours after fire damage are known as the “golden hours” of recovery. The acidic soot and toxic smoke damage that is produced, when fires are extinguished, accelerates the deterioration and corrosion of building components and vital assets. There are many tasks you wont and would not want to attempt on your own due to the risk of toxic gases being exposed or smoldering ash getting into the air. Your property will likely suffer widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts as well. Therefore, fire and water damage repairs must begin quickly to maximize effectiveness. The more time that goes by increases the possibility of greater loss and higher restoration costs. The more quickly We can stabilize your home or business the more chance we have to recover as much property for you as possible.
With the compassion and knowledge our team of restoration professionals at Florida Restoration Specialists are able to effectively manage fire and smoke damage situations that require urgency, sensitivity, thorough treatment, and respect all in a timely manner.
As always with fire, smoke and soot restoration, urgency is vital. The longer you wait, the more difficult and costly it can be to restore your personal belongings. That’s why our emergency response team is available for fire/smoke damage restoration services are available 24/7, we’re always here when you need us.
We’re here to help!
Our team of fire and smoke damage restoration professionals will work with you and your insurance company to make sure that your home or business gets up and running again with as little stress as possible. We work with care to minimize downtime and take the confusion and intimidation out of the claims process so you can get back to your life as soon as possible. You can trust us to guide you and guarantee that this process is made as painless as possible.
Only trained fire damage professionals should survey the loss site in order to determine the extent of which the fire, heat, smoke, soot, and moisture impacted contents and building materials…
In the aftermath of a fire, it is important to begin working with a trained fire damage professional. The fire restoration process is a specialized one that requires experience and the right training and tools to do it properly. Florida Restoration Specialists have the knowledge and skills to quickly clean up and restore your home to pre-fire condition. We will survey your home or business to determine the extent of damage to the structure and contents and the scope of needed cleaning, restoration, and repairs. Rest assured, Florida Restoration Specialists personnel will respectfully handle your property as if it were our own. We take extra care to salvage and protect your personal belongings. Our comprehensive restoration services can reverse many of the effects of fire, smoke and water damage.
Fire Damage Restoration Services:
- 24/7 emergency service – Onsite assistance within 1 hour.
• Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
• Emergency board up and structural stabilization.
• Environmentally friendly methods for cleaning soot and other residue from fire damage.
• Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions, and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
• Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
• Reconstruction of the affected areas.
• Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
• Demolition and reconstruction of the affected areas.
What to do:
- Call the experts at Florida Restoration Specialists of Lakeland ASAP.
• Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Start with a neighbor you trust for immediate aid then move them to a temporary home with friends or family until the fire restoration is complete.
• Open all the windows. This will get air moving to push the smoke out of the rooms.
• Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
• Inventory the contents of your home. Take pictures of the damage and make a list of all items that need replacing. You will need copies for the insurance company, for your own personal records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities. Make up to five copies to have on hand, just in case.
What NOT to do:
- Don’t wipe down the walls, wood trim and furniture or any other absorbent surface.
• Don’t sit on or move upholstered furniture.
• Don’t consume any food product, including canned items, that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
• Don’t turn on the air conditioner or heater.
• Stay away from electrical devices like appliances, stereos or TVs, until the fire restoration service deems them safe